Monday, May 7, 2012

Wildflowers .... beautiful & full

Looking for a refreshing and uplifting novel?  "Wildflowers from Winter" by Katie Ganshert is just that and more.  This is a book you will not want to put down!  Everyday I looked forward to my break time so I could rejoin the characters Bethany and Evan in their everyday simple yet complicated lives.  This is both passionate and powerful yet so true to heart.  I know people on the same roads that are trying to heal from their past, have shut off their hearts to a God who wants to love them deeply, and finally seeing the wildflowers bloom to bring beauty and joy to their worlds.  The characters develop throughout the book and it's real life and real questions and real responses. I did guess how it would end but in no way did I want to miss any chapters but I couldn't wait to be right there enjoying the new found freedom and faith with the characters I'd grown to love!  This book will have you smiling and close to tears.  


This is the debut novel from the author and I can't wait for the next book. 


I received this Advanced Reading Copy for free from Waterbrook Press.

No comments: