As I was questioning not living closer to my church where I felt a longing to be more involved the Lord reminded me I do not live there (I'm 50 miles away). I prayed "Show me what else I should change and do to serve you Lord. Sometimes I think I"m wasting time. Let nothing hinder my cooperation with You."
After that prayer, I picked up a devotional that said, "we have no right to decide where we should be placed... God engineers everything wherever He places us & we should POUR OUT our lives in wholehearted devotion."
The next day I went into town to help my friend pack up her house. I was prompted to call two friends... (I did).
My hubby goes into town for breakfast & coffee every morning. I never did. So the Lord kicked me (it seemed like it) and told me to go to town 2 mornings a week. I did and I do. I'm forming new relationships. I prayed to love others unconditionally and that if I was judging others, it would be turned into crazy love for Jesus.
Since then - it's been a wild & crazy summer. It's been challenging and stretching.
- My son graduated from college. We had a grad party with too much food but we ate together.
- We evaculated our friends and family from their houses - twice.
- We watched as their houses were flooded. We cried, we prayed.
- My niece & nephew came to stay for a few days We washed clothes and ate together.
- My cousin & hubby came to stay for a few days. They stayed for 2 months & they washed their clothes & we ate together.
- My aunt & uncle came to stay for a new days. They washed their clothes & we ate together.
- We hosted a family & friends picnic. We ate together.
- Met the parents of my Indian daughter who were visiting from India.
- Went to a beautiful lake home for a ministry retreat. Refreshing, reviving.... we were served and we prayed and praised and ate together.
- We reunited with cousins at at family reunion. We ate together.
- My cousin from Florida stayed with us. He baked up a storm. We ate it!
- My cousin from California stayed with us for a week. We laughed, ate, and washed clothes.
- Grandchild #10 was born. Went to meet him.
- My daughter, son-in-law and 5 grandkids came to stay for a week . The house was full and wonderful. And yes, we ate, and washed clothes.
- My daughter & 3 grandkids came to stay - moving day was postponed and my son-in-law started a new job. The house was full and wonderful. And we ate and washed clothes.
- I went to stay with the daughter above on moving day. I washed clothes & played hard with the kids as she unpacked.
- Grandchild #11 was born and I went to stay for a week. I washed clothes, played hard, made meals & held a week old baby in my arms.