Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fresh Joy

With a prompting from my husband this morning, with a question about being robbed of JOY, I ran to The Source of JOY and asked for some answers.  Here they are:

  • The ability to find Joy is a tremendous strength
  • Spend Joy with abandon
  • Encouragement is a Joyous art form
  • Recharge - roll down a green hillside with childlike Joy
Proverbs 8:30-31 "I was filled with delight day after day rejoicing always in His presence, rejoicing in the whole world and delighting in mankind."  Boy do I need HELP with this -- I am not rejoicing in the whole world or mankind.  Many times I think they stink.
  • Absorb God's Joy more fully
  • Joy - dance in the streets of Bethlehem
  • The path of Joy runs straight thru the heart of pain and suffering
  • Joy - fixing my eyes and my heart and my mind on Jesus, "who for the joy set before Him endured the cross"  Hebrews 12:2
  • Joy - not growing weary and losing heart
  • Joy is prayer
  • Joy - burning with love  
Oh, how I want to burn with love.
And out of that fire Fresh Joy will be born.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Joy is learning all this about JOY! Thanks for the uplifting message to get me on my way today.

You actually helped me to recall one of my correspondent missionary friends from my childhood. Her name was Joy!

Not too long ago I was thinking about the word "Rejoice". "joice" comes from the word, "joy" and "re" means "again".

Let us have joy again and expressing it by REJOICING.

Rejoice, and again I say Rejoice! Have you learned to rejoice in everything? ... “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice” (Philippians 4:4)

Love you, cousin of mine.
Sandy B.