Friday, March 11, 2011

Power - The Only Way

When I opened "31 Days of Power" by Ruth Myers, my 1st thought was - this does not look as good as her other 2 books, which I devoured and learned so much from.  I thought it was just another book of Bible verses put together with another author's viewpoint.  I browsed it without much interest.

Then one morning my son called with a problem in his life, which just frustrated me because of the dishonesty and lies of the people in this world.  Then my daughter  called an hour later and needed to vent about a hard situation, again bent on the deceit of this world and how it sucks us in.

I wanted to just escape all of this and was really not feeling that good.  I ran to the TV to watch a movie on Netflix and while going to the movie Ellen came on.  As I watched this show for a couple minutes reality stuck and it was as if the Lord said "You don't need to watch TV - you need to pray."  I knew this was true immediately.

When I went to pray, there was "31 Days of Power".  I picked it up and started praying the verses outloud - going into war for my daughter and my son.  Then I knew why I had chosen this book.  I prayed through several days of prayers .... and as the subtitle says, immediately I was "Learning to Live in Spiritual  Victory".

This book IS as good as Mrs.  Myers other books.  It is a great and powerful tool to use everyday and especially on those days you just don't "feel" like interceeding or praying.  Her love for the Word of God is so strong.  She is a spiritual pilgrim who shares from her own experiences.  Whether your battle is large or small, this book will help you to put on the armor you need for the fight, and will give you the assurance that we win.

Disclaimer: I received this book compliments of Waterbrook Multnomah for which I am so thankful.

No comments: