Thursday, March 3, 2011

How a Day Changes

Yesterday - after finally getting my hubby home from Texas - via Detroit, Minneapolis, Bismarck -- the long route,  and I, myself, staying in town for Sunday through Tuesday (an extra night) and driving 300 miles -- I was settled into staying home and really enjoying it!!  By settling in I mean throwing in a load of clothes, making some muffins and getting caught up on email. 

Then the phone rang....

God had other plans for my day.

And I said "yes".

It would have been easier to give any of the excuses below which were all true.

  • I just got home and don't want to drive another 100 miles
  • My husband is really busy and needs me to be here
  • I'm getting company tomorrow and have to get my house ready
  • I'm tired and my body is aching
But I didn't.  Somehow what I've been studying in the word of God and what I've been challenged with through our new pastor - I knew I had to go.  By going I was:
  • forgetting about my own agenda which I love to hang onto
  • letting His Spirit take to to a new place that i wasn't necessarity comfortable with
  • putting people above of stuff to do
  • letting God use his weak vessel with the equipment he has given me
Oh how amazing is our God.  To let him write out my schedule, adjust my plans, and rewrite my list is something i truly am ready for.  I'd just better buckle up with his word -- because it's going to be quite a ride.

No comments: