Tuesday, May 17, 2022

IT'S MAY 2022

 Wow - I haven't written in this blog for almost 5 years!  I've been reading my old entries - and I've enjoyed reading them, smiling at the memories, amazed by God's goodness and how He can use a weak and ordinary woman to show who He is!

Perhaps I'll try again to write - and share again this normal, messed up adventurous, ordinary life,  as reading these stirs something in me.  I like to write - it brings some fresh perspective out of me.

 It's Tuesday so the week is still new - but  --

~ I called my Aunt Ardis yesterday and sang her "Happy Birthday".  She's 6 1/2 years older than me so she's always been more like a big sister.   She has a strong sense of family and I always feel accepted and loved by her.  I love this and want to convey this same sense to my family.

~I texted a friend for some information only to find out she needs my support as a friend.  It was a God connection and I encouraged her and sent her God's words!  I am thankful to God for calling me to prayer and giving me His words so I can share them.  I want to continue to do this.

~It was my son-in-laws 40th birthday!  I am so blessed to have him in my life!  He is an adventure seeker and brings so much fun into our family.  I want to have more of this adventure sense!

~Marlys is a friend who has taught me about prayer and marriage and relationships.  I called and checked in with her as I want to visit and SEE her soon.  Marlys is losing her eyesight - yet she shows me Christlike strength and confidence.  She and her hubby were at the ocean - because she wants to SEE it one more time. This attitude of embracing life and being thankful is something I want to cultivate!

~Yesterday 5 of us girlfriends went to a small coffee shop to support the owner, to have a fun drink, to get out of town, and to visit.  It was a short trip, relaxing and fun and we prayed for one of the gals who is having a lot of drama in her life.  I was intentional in asking "can we prayer for you" and then -- well, praying.  Listening, being intentional, praying for and with others -- I want to do this more.

Some people have "bucket lists" -- I think of mine more of a "stirring list".  Things that stir my soul.  Stirred by the One who created me.  


No comments: