Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Crocodile and the Princess

They are twins.  Numbers 6 and 7 in a family of 8 kids.  In my attempt to spend time with each one of the eight kids during my visit, I sit on the floor a lot.  It was Monday morning and the youngest was napping and the others were in their home-school. 

Job is strong and rough, with a gleam in his eye,  and I have to remind him all the time “not to jump on gramma”; but he’s a boy and loves to play a little crazy.  So I became “the crocodile”.  Over and over the crocodile moved along the floor catching him and throwing him down, both of us laughing and enjoying our play.  He became a crocodile and had to be rereminded “not to jump on gramma”.  He giggled loudly and snapped at me in delight.


Liesl is a fellow instigator in getting in daily trouble with her twin but she is innocent looking and tender and loves wearing dresses.  She watched as we played crocodile and when the crocodile tried to snap at her, she backed up and said in a gentle little voice, “no, I’m a princess.”   So after at least 4 times of being told “no, I”m a princess” the gramma crocodile turned into a princess ballerina and twirled around the floor.  The  soon to be 3 year old  princess ballerina lifted her little leg and pointed her toes in princess style.  



I"m so glad I found "the crocodile" and "the princess".  Hey, you're never too old or too young to become something new.



No comments: