Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cough, cough, cough --

Coughing - that's what I've been hearing lately.
It's so loud it gives me a headache.
It keeps me from sleeping all night.
It can be downright irritating.

I used to get mad about it.
I used to think "what's wrong with you? quit already."
I used to not understand at all.
I really hated coughing.

Now when I hear it -- I pray.
Pray for healing.
Pray for God to "have His way".
Pray for direction.

I pray for the man who is coughing.
A man who seeks the Lord.
A man who asks others to pray for him to "be obedient to God's voice."
A man who is gentle and humble and who loves his enemies.

No, coughing is not good.
But he's committed to me
And I'm commited to him (even though I may cover my ears)
I'd rather have him coughing than not at all.

Standing Firm in this thing called
Marriage ........
Wearing glasses ....
Made by God.


No comments: