Monday, March 8, 2010

He Calls Me Beautiful

Yes - He calls me beautiful.

I never thought I was.
I didn't like the way I looked.
I dreamed of being a gorgeous model.
I stared at other girls and wished I was like them.
I thought "if I grow my hair long" then I'll be beautiful.
I did - I wasn't.

Then I met Him.
And He called me beautiful.
Not once, but twice, 3 X's, 4X's and on and on.
"You're beautiful."

It took awhile, but I heard and I listened.
I looked in his eyes and saw that he meant it.
His voice was gentle and genuine.
I felt it in his embrace and in his touch.

He loves me.
He even loves me though he knows all about me.
More than anyone else - all the secrets.
And yet he loves me and
He calls me beautiful.

His name starts with "J'.
His name is Jesus.
His name is Jerry.


2 comments:

Most call me Elizabeth, one calls me Honey, three call me Momma... said...

Wow! That was beautiful!

Simplyhuman but extremelyloved said...

Umm I love this poem. Mom, that is awesome---I think this poem is of the Lord! It spoke to my spirit, thank you!