Monday, February 21, 2011

Radical Review

This book could be an easy read for some. Platt writes this book just like you are sitting and having coffee with him and explains the Bible in simple and tangible ways which make it real and leaves you craving more. But this was not a fast read for me. This is a book that challenges me to look inside and outside and all around me to figure out who I really am in this world, what I am doing in this world, and how I am living it out if I say I am a follower of Christ. Platt is not just challenging me, he is living what he writes. His steps out of “the American dream” into a life of radial abandonment to Jesus are simple, yet profound.
He introduces me to take an honest look at Jesus and ask myself if I really believe and really want to obey Christ. What do my decisions & my lifestyle show? This is not easy to do – to evaluate my own life and see just how much I have chosen the “American dream” over faith in Christ. And yet Platt understands as he has the same failings as me. He encourages and offer a simple “Radial Experiment” for me to commit to for a year; and in taking this risk knows that following Jesus will turn my life upside down and crazy and that it will never be the same; and is confident I would never want it to be.
This is a must read for every believer in America. . It’s time to take our faith back and from the American dream and let Jesus Christ transform and make that dream His.


No comments: